You may have noticed that I skipped posting last weeks menu plan. You may have even noticed that I pretty much skipped posting last week, period!
It was a pretty crazy week around here! And mostly unexpected at that!
Let me give you a brief run down of what's been going on.
- Tax Refund Came (Paid off last two payments on our Jeep! Woohoo!)
- Picked Up Produce Basket
|Two cabbages, huge english cucumber, huge sweet potato, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, apples (3 lb bag plus 2 loose), 5 pears, bananas, and 13 blood oranges.|
- Begin Making Menu
- Husband decides that he'd like me to end my no buying meat challenge early.
- Went shopping. Bought 9lbs. of ground beef, 6lbs of pork chops, and 3 lbs. of tilapia for under $30.
- Get home, put everything away, begin fixing lunch....my phone rings...
- It's the school nurse....seems the head lice epidemic going around school has made it's way to my oldest (yeah...she's got thick curly hair and is waist length when wet...)
- Go get her.
- Still determined to get cabbage rolls made that evening....begin boiling cabbages and peeling leaves.
- Husband gets home..leave him stuffing and rolling (one batch to eat and one more to freeze) and go to get lice shampoo.
- Wash hair. Comb Hair.
- More combing
- Notice younger one is coughing a whole lot
- Return oldest to school
- Bring youngest to doctor
|She was not happy about it.|
- CVS for antibiotics
- More freezer cooking (rest of ground beef...burgers, meatballs, spaghetti sauce)
- Clean kitchen and attempt to catch up on 18 loads of laundry and bedsheets.
- Antibiotics are upsetting little ones tummy. =(
- When I dropped my kids off at Awana, I heard a hissing noise....
- It was coming from my tire....=(